KS3 Comprehension contains 6 self-contained text extracts with reading comprehension worksheet questions, accompanied by model answers.
This pack is versatile enough to be used in class, or as a sequence of homeworks, end-of-term/year assessments and cover lessons.
KS3 Comprehension helps students complete the transition from primary to secondary level and provides an effective introduction to 19th century literature. The extracts are suitable for year 7 and year 8 reading comprehension lessons and can be used to supplement existing schemes of work.
The pack includes extracts from:
- Five Children and It by E. Nesbitt
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Odin’s Reward by Mary H. Foster and Mabel H. Cummings
- The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
NB – this pack is an adapted version of Teachit Primary’s ‘Comprehension’ pack, containing newly commissioned KS3 curriculum questions, replacement texts and a selection of supporting resources.
Download a free sample.
Have you used this resource?Review this resource