A well-structured speaking and listening exercise on the theme of childhood friends. It includes preparation for speaking, a rehearsal phase, giving a presentation, listening comprehension tasks and reporting back to the group.
For more information about the process see the Speaking cycles resource.
An extract from the resource:
- Nominate a spokesperson who will tell the rest of the class about the experience of one group member.
- As a group, spend preparing what the spokesperson is going to say.
You could think about:
- what the friend’s name was
- when and how the friendship began
- what kinds of things the two friends used to do together
- how the friendship developed
- whether the two people are still friends now
2. the organisation and structure of what the speaker will say
Have you used this resource?Review this resource
I enjoy using these lessons.