If you’re looking for a little more than the usual Christmas-themed word searches or colouring templates, our KS1 Christmas pack is a gift!
Comprising a variety of teaching ideas and resources, the pack will help you develop children's understanding of the significance of the birth of Jesus; introduce different materials for seasonal art and design and to use the book 'The Jolly Christmas Postman' by Janet and Allan Ahlberg as a stimulus for writing.
All your festive activities in one place!
- Teaching ideas and 15 accompanying resources for RE, English and DT
- links to the curriculum.
Design and technology (pages 1-23)
- Recycled Christmas wreaths
- Make your own crystal ‘snowflakes’
- How to make a surprise hanging bauble box
- How to make a Christmas sweet cone
- How to make a hanging snowman
- Design and make a Christmas cupcake!
- Christmas dinners – true or false
Literacy (pages 24-39)
- Matching gifts – The Jolly Christmas Postman
- Choosing a gift for Grandma
- Fairy tale characters – where do they live?
- Fairy tale addresses
- Design a Christmas stamp
- Present mix and match – fairy tale characters
- Writing letters to Santa
RE (pages 40-55)
- Nativity hexbusters
- How well do you know the Christmas story?
- Board game template
- All about Jesus
- The Christmas story – sequencing
- What would they say – Christmas story
- Newspaper template
- Christmas gifts – what would you bring?
- A blockbuster Christmas snakes and ladders
- What is important to you at Christmas?
Have you used this resource?Review this resource