Comprehension (lower KS2)
Help children to develop their understanding and enjoyment of stories and non-fiction with our Comprehension pack for lower KS2.
Featuring six texts alongside engaging comprehension tasks, questions and answers, this pack will encourage your children to retrieve information, draw inferences, make predictions, identify and summarise ideas and analyse language and structure.
All you need to address these key skills!
- six original texts and 17 supporting resources, including comprehensions and answer sheets
- includes starters, main activities, plenaries, assessment opportunities, extension ideas and home learning tasks
- links to the curriculum.
Introduction (pages 3-6)
Unit 1 – The Little Prince (pages 7-16)
- Resource - unlocking words
Unit 2 – The Velveteen Rabbit (pages 17=25)
- Resource - old-fashioned to modern day
- Resource - what’s in the bag?
Unit 3 – The Little Mermaid (pages 26-36)
- Resource - underwater similes
- Resource - through the eyes of a mermaid
Unit 4 – Robin Hood (pages 37-48)
- Resource - retelling Robin Hood
- Resource - Robin Hood’s arrows
Unit 5 – Four square (pages 49-56)
- Resource - instruction text detectives
Unit 6 – A letter (pages 57-64)
- Resource - a letter in reply
- Resource - letter-writing ideas
Have you used this resource?Review this resource