A flying start to phonics aims to support your teaching of phonics in EYFS and KS1. It comprises phoneme spotters for phase 2, phase 3 and phase 5 (digraphs ai/er/oo/or), a knowledge organiser explaining each of the phases and providing a glossary of terms - including sound button, split digraph, trigraph, segmenting, blending and CVC/ CCVC/CVCC words - and handwriting mini packs for each of the 44 phonemes and their corresponding graphemes. All beautifully illustrated by Charlotte Middleton, author of the Christopher Nibble series!
Each mini pack contains differentiated handwriting sheets of letters, words and sentences colourfully adorned with Charlotte Middleton's artwork.
All the resources use Sassoon Infant fonts in dotted, tracker, line, linked and regular form and are provided as PDF documents so there’s no need to have the correct fonts installed.
Perfect for EYFS or KS1 phonics, this pack is great preparation for the phonics screening test in year 1, setting children on their way to success with sounds and reading.
- a knowledge organiser, the perfect reference tool
- four eye-catching phoneme spotters written by Charlotte Middleton
- over 70 sets of differentiated handwriting resources for each of the 44 phonemes and their corresponding graphemes.
Introduction and Teaching notes
Phonics knowledge organisers
- Phonics knowledge organiser - All stages
- Stage 2 phonics organiser
- Stage 3 phonics organiser
- Stage 5 phonics organiser
- ai phoneme story
- er phoneme story
- oo phoneme story
- or phoneme story
Phonics handwriting sheets
Have you used this resource?Review this resource