Poetry for all
Enchant, amuse and inspire your children with our first whole-school teaching pack – Poetry for all.
The pack features 14 poems and a range of engaging teaching ideas and resources for Reception through to year 6, saving you precious time searching for age-appropriate poems and activities.
Including activities for comprehension, drama, creative writing and art and design, this pack is perfect for encouraging your children to respond imaginatively to both modern and classic poems.
- 53 quality teaching resources, alongside 14 carefully selected poems
- seven PowerPoints complete with illustrated versions of each poem
- SAT-style comprehensions, when appropriate, including answers
- links to the curriculum.
Introduction (page 3)
Statutory requirements (pages 4-10)
Reception (pages 11-23)
- Ye Spotted Snakes by William Shakespeare
- Over in the Meadow by Olive A. Wadsworth
Year 1 (pages 24-41)
- Bed in Summer by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Please Do Not Feed the Animals by Robert Hull
Year 2 (pages 42-67)
- The Months by Sara Coleridge
- Granny Is by Valerie Bloom
Year 3 (pages 68-87)
- Silver by Walter de la Mare
- Vegan Delight by Benjamin Zephaniah
Year 4 (pages 88-112)
- The Jumblies by Edward Lear
- Extinct by Mandy Coe
Year 5 (pages 113-139)
- From a Railway Carriage by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Door by Miroslav Holub
Year 6 (pages 140-164)
- Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll
- His Nine Sympathies by Carol Ann Duffy
Have you used this resource?Review this resource