A-level French speaking card: Sauvegarder la musique francophone contemporaine
Students start by matching key vocabulary for music and radio to the English equivalents. They then sort opinion cards into 'For music quotas' or 'Against music quotas' and have a discussion about the views on the cards.
Additional (unprepared) questions are provided to help develop the conversation in pairs or small groups.
Some of the vocabulary from the match-up activity:
- les paroles – lyrics
- un titre – a (song) title
- promouvoir – to promote
- soutenir – to support
- les goûts musicaux – musical tastes
- protéger – to protect
- la concurrence – competition
- la programmation musicale – musical programming
- diffuser – to broadcast
- passer de la musique – to play music (on the radio)