Aimed at addressing gaps in prior learning – particularly after the COVID-19 school closures – Basic maths skills – support to improve students’ numeracy is perfect for both the transition to year 7 and for intervention sessions throughout KS3 and KS4.
The pack is divided into five units: number, algebra, ratio and proportion, geometry and measures and statistics. Each unit features ready-to-photocopy worksheets, teaching notes and answers. A tracking tick list is also included.
Improve students’ numeracy skills and ensure they have all the knowledge they need to access the full secondary curriculum.
- 39 worksheets to fill gaps in prior learning and form a solid base for progress
- Answers included
- Perfect for intervention at KS3-KS4 or to support Y7 transition
Sample questions from the Ratio and proportion section of the pack on percentage calculations:
1. There are 13 black and 7 white disks in a bag. What percentage are black disks?
2. Jamie had £40. He spent £12 on a DVD. What percentage of his money did he spend on the DVD?
3. Work out the following calculations:
4. If 10% of a number is 7, what is the number?
5. If 9 is 20% of a number, what is the number?
6. A jacket costing £60 is reduced by 20% in a sale.
- How much was the jacket reduced in the sale?
- How much was the final sale price?
7. Orange squash is made with one part cordial and four parts water.
- What fraction of the squash is cordial?
- What percentage of the squash is water?
8. If 15% of a number is 30, what is 100%?
Have you used this resource?Review this resource