Year 7 transition activity mats
These printable maths worksheets make great starters or refresher activities for reinforcing and practising maths skills at key stage 3. Each activity mat covers the key topics of algebra, number, geometry, statistics and probability. Answers are included.
- Algebra activity mat - Includes questions on solving and forming algebraic expressions and linear equations and applying knowledge of angles, perimeter and sequences.
- Number activity mat - Includes questions on fractions, decimals and percentages, inequalities, place value and order of operations.
- Geometry activity mat - Includes questions on triangles, quadrilaterals and polygons, parallel lines and reflex angles.
- Statistics activity mat - Includes questions that involve interpreting bar graphs, Venn diagrams and pie charts to practise their data and graph skills.
- Probability activity mat - Includes a range of word problems that involve calculating probabilities in different scenarios and using a probability scale.
How to use the activity mats
These printable activity mats can be used in a range of ways to support new Year 7s as they transition into secondary school. Use them as lesson starters, extension activities or set for home learning. The maths questions in these activity mats have been designed for transition but are great to use with students throughout key stage 3.