Success at speaking: GCSE German
Designed for the GCSE German specifications for AQA, Edexcel and WJEC Eduqas, this pack will help students to prepare for their speaking exam.
The pack includes activities for the role-play, photo card and general conversation elements of the exam, along with revision materials.
Covering all three themes, the pack also provides differentiated material for Foundation and Higher tiers, teaching notes and answers.
- worksheets and vocabulary support
- pair work speaking activities and games
- model answers to use and adapt
- exam-style tasks.
This sample shows a student activity for the Musik role-play resource in the Success at speaking: GCSE German teaching pack.
Look at the example role-play card and complete the mind-map.
- You should address your friend as ‘du’.
- When you see this - ! - you will have to respond to something you have not prepared.
- When you see this - ? - you will have to ask a question.
Du sprichst mit deinem deutschen Freund über Musik.
- Musik, die du hörst – zwei Details
- ? Meinung
- eine Feier letztes Wochenende
- Musik – ein Vorteil
- Note useful verbs, nouns, adjectives and question words for this role-play card.
- Try to predict what you could be asked for the unprepared question.
- Compare and share your ideas with a partner or small group.
Have you used this resource?Review this resource