Success at writing: GCSE Spanish
Designed for AQA's Spanish GCSE but also suited to support specifications from Edexcel and Eduqas, this pack will equip students with the language and skills they need to tackle their writing exam.
Success at writing offers targeted and differentiated revision for all attainment levels, from grades 9-1. Students can pick and choose the question type they most need to work on and make real progress in a short space of time.
The pack includes activities for each of the question types in the writing exam for Foundation and Higher tiers and features top tips to help students maximise their marks.
- activities for each of the question types for Foundation and Higher tiers, including describing a photo, the 40, 90 and 150 word tasks and translation
- revision of key language, pair work and peer assessment as well as exam practice
- top tips to ensure success.
This sample shows a Foundation student activity from the Success at writing - GCSE Spanish teaching pack which targets the photo description section of the writing exam.
Find four things
1. Look at the four pictures on the next pages and find four things in each one that you could describe using the Spanish that you already know.
Choose from the following ideas:
Who can you see?
Are they a family or friends?
How many people are there?
What is one of them wearing? (e.g. Él/Ella lleva …)
Where is the photo taken? (e.g. Está(n) en un restaurante.)
What can you see? (e.g. Veo un árbol.)
What’s the weather like (if outside)?
What are people doing in the photo? (e.g. El hombre está comiendo.)
Do the people like what they are doing? (e.g. A ella le gusta nadar.)
2. Work with a partner to write four sentences for each of the following photos.
The photos in the exam will be black and white, but you could describe the colours if it is possible that your sentence is true, for example ‘el autobús es rojo’ or ‘veo un pantalon gris’.
Have you used this resource?Review this resource